Update - 3/13/2020
Dear Residents…I know you have all been trying to stay current with the ever-changing news regarding COVID-19, otherwise known as the Coronavirus. To that end, we wanted to assure you that the City of Twinsburg is staying in constant contact with the Summit County Public Health and State of Ohio Departments of Health. We are also closely monitoring the recommendations from the CDC.
We strongly encourage all residents to follow the CDC and the Ohio Department of Health guidelines by practicing healthy habits designed to limit the spread of the virus.
The main symptoms of this disease are high fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you have these symptoms, especially acute respiratory illness, contact your medical provider for further advice. If you need emergency medical assistance please call 911
In an effort to limit the exposure to COVID-19 the City has determined that it is necessary to cancel certain City-sponsored public events, meetings and limit access to facilities until further notice.
The following cancellations or closings are in effect immediately:
1. All meetings of the Golf Advisory Board, Parks and Recreation Committee, Environmental Commission and Civil Service Commission.
2. All events at the Twinsburg Community Center.
3. All events at the Twinsburg Senior Center.
4. The Fitness Center will be closed until further notice effective Sunday, March 15 at 5:00 PM.
5. Sewer Billing Office will be closed to the public. Payments can still be dropped off.
At this time the following events will proceed as scheduled:
1. Planning Commission Meeting, March 16, 2020.
2. ARB Meeting, March 19, 2020.
3. Council and Finance Meeting, March 24, 2020.
4. City Hall will remain open to the public.
Please be advised that our Police Department, Fire Department, and Dispatch Center remain fully staffed and operating as usual to serve the needs of the City.
Communication between the City and residents during this time is critical. We will continue to actively monitor the situation with the understanding that additional cancellations may be included at any time. Please visit the City’s website mytwinsburg.com/covid19 and visit our Facebook page to stay up to date.
Mayor Ted Yates and City Council