- Snow Emergency Alerts
- Snow Emergency Alerts
- Help for Residents
Help for Residents
Food & Meal Assistance
Our Community Hunger Center
Located at 9733 Ravenna Road, Twinsburg OH, this organization distributes food to those in need. People can drop off food or pick up food at the Twinsburg location. For more information visit: http://ochc-food.org/ or call 330-963-FOOD.
Emergency Assistance Center
Provides a food pantry. Serves Residents of Aurora, Boston Heights, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Macedonia, Northfield, Northfield Center, Peninsula, Reminderville, Sagamore Hills, Stow, and Twinsburg. 9199 Olde 8 Rd. Suite C, Northfield, OH - 44067, (330) 467-7945, http://www.theemergencyassistancecenter.org
State of Ohio Food, Cash and Medical Assistance
Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services offers assistance for those who qualify.
Apply for Unemployment
If you have been unemployed due to coronavirus, you can apply for assistance here OR call 1-877-644-6562 or 614-387-8408 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Requirements and eligibility information is located on the State of Ohio’s website at https://unemployment.ohio.gov/. Applying online is recommended because your wait will be shorter.
Additional Employment Resources
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Ohio Means Jobs
- Enhance your education. Find free help for adult education here.
- Find additional training and education resources to upgrade your skills here.
Child Care Needs
Effective Wednesday March 25 at 11:59pm, all childcare provided in Summit County must close. Only licensed providers from Summit County Department of Job and Family Services may continue to operate. Currently, there are approximately 60 childcare centers approved for pandemic child care. The list will be frequently updated here.
- Pandemic Childcare has prioritized enrollment.
- Enrollment form and pandemic addendum.
Tax Relief & Information
Federal Income Tax
The date for filing Federal tax returns has been postponed until July 15, 2020. Learn more about coronavirus tax relief at https://www.irs.gov/.
State Income Tax
The State also has pushed back the filing deadline to align with the Federal IRS deadline of July 15, 2020. For more information visit https://www.tax.ohio.gov/.
Local Twinsburg Income Tax
Twinsburg’s income tax is filed through the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA). Per a ruling by the State of Ohio, the date for filing your local tax return has been postponed until July 15, 2020. Check the RITA website at https://www.ritaohio.com/ for any changes questions.
Consumer Protection/Fraud Alert
From the U.S. Justice Department, Office of the Deputy Attorney General:
REPORTED SCHEMES RELATED TO COVID-l 9
To date, the U.S. Attorney’s Offices have received reports of individuals and businesses engaging in a wide range of fraudulent and criminal behavior. This includes:
• Robocalls making fraudulent offers to sell respirator masks with no intent of delivery;
• Fake COVID-19-related apps and websites that install malware or ransomware;
• Phishing emails asking for money or presenting malware;
• Social media scams fraudulently seeking donations or claiming to provide stimulus funds if the recipient enters his or her bank account number;
• Sales of fake testing kits, cures, ’·immunity" pills, and protective equipment;
• Fraudulent offers for free COVID-19 testing in order to obtain Medicare beneficiary information that is used to submit false medical claims for unrelated, unnecessary, or fictitious testing or services;
• Prescription drug schemes involving the submission of medical claims for unnecessary antiretroviral treatments or other drugs that are marketed as purported cures for COVID-19;
You should be on the lookout for these sorts of schemes, as well as any others like them. These additional resources may be of help.
Attorney General Consumer Protection
Better Business Bureau
National Do Not Call Registry
Summit County Office of Consumer Affairs
NCOA Senior Scams
Mental Health/Domestic Violence
Anxiety and Stress
Ohio Department of Mental Health: The Ohio Department of Mental Health has a wealth of resources to manage anxiety and stress and assistance for mental health issues.
Mental Health Crises
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or issue, call:
- Mental Health Hotline: 330-434-9144
- Addiction Helpline: 330-940-1133
- Crisis Text Line: Text 4hope to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Staying Safe At Home
If you are in immediate danger call:
- Rape Crisis Center Hotline – 330-434-7273
- Battered Women’s Shelter Hotline – 330-374-1111
- National Domestic Violence Hotline or call 1-800-799-7233
- Medina and Summit County Rape Crisis Center
- Battered Women’s Shelter of Summit and Medina Counties
- Ohio Domestic Violence Network