Indoor Pool: The 326,000 gallon indoor pool located at Twinsburg Fitness Center includes two one-meter diving boards, an indoor slide, five water sprays, six swimming lanes of either 25 yards or 25 meters, shallow-depth teaching and recreational area. The pool is open to TFC members in addition to being used for swim lessons and competitive meets.
Outdoor Water Park: The Twinsburg Outdoor Water Park offers our youth and adult residents an array of amenities and features that rivals other community and private facilities in the area. You can’t beat a day in the sun with our huge water slide, an affordable concession stand, and an outstanding family atmosphere. Make a splash with a season pass this summer! Learn more about our rates here.
Learn to Swim - Quality Instruction, Affordable Rates!
The following course descriptions and schedules cover ALL swim lessons offered. Please note that as the levels progress, it is not unusual for a child to repeat a level several times. Remember that each child is unique and is evaluated on their swimming ability, not age. If you are not sure about what level to place your child into; please feel free to ask the Aquatic Manager and staff. Please observe all swimming lessons from the pool balcony. View our refund policy here.
- Parent & Child: This program helps children between 6 months and 3 years of age become comfortable in and around the water. Parents will learn different support and holding techniques as well as how to help children learn and practice skills appropriate for their age.
- Preschool Beginner: Child cannot put their face in the water, need support to float, and want to become more comfortable in the water.
- Preschool Advanced: Child can put their face in the water with ease, can doggie paddle, and ready to learn front and back crawl.
- Preschool Super Kids: Child passed preschool advanced, can swim front and back crawl 5 yards, and wants to learn more strokes. Additionally, they are not afraid of the deep water.
- Level 1- Intro to Water Skills: Children are introduced to submerging mouth, nose and eyes as well as opening eyes and exhaling underwater. Water entry and exit. Front and back floats and glides (with support), use of arm and leg action, pick up submerged object. Treading water will be introduced.
- Level 2- Fundamental Aquatic Skills: Submerging entire head, bobs. Roll over from front to back & vice versa. Advance from floating to front and back glides. Swim on front & back using combined strokes. Step entry, tread water using arms and leg motion. Move in water with life jacket.
- Level 3- Stroke Development: Jump into deep water, survival float, rotary breathing, change from horizontal to vertical position on front and back, kneeling dive from pool deck. Demonstrate front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke and scissor kick.
- Pre-Swim Team 1 - Swim Team Readiness: Bridges the gap between swim lessons and swim team. (Equivalent to Level 4)
- Pre-Swim Team 2 - Breaststroke and Freestyle: Focuses on the Breastroke and Freestyle strokes. (Equivalent to Level 5)
- Pre-Swim Team 3 - Backstroke and Butterfly: Focuses on the Backstroke and Butterfly strokes. (Equivalent to Level 6)
- TCAT Swim Team: Swim team is available after all levels and Pre-Swim Team are completed.
We are currently not offering private swim lessons at this time.
A Top Training Program in Northeast Ohio!
Lifeguard Training: Join an elite team of aquatic professionals by taking the American Red Cross Lifeguard course. Learn lifesaving techniques, gain leadership skills, and make new friends. All participants must pass a pre-requisite test on the first day including a swim test. At the end of the class participants will have earned a Lifeguard Training and First Aid certificate, CPR-PR certificate and an AED certificate.
Water Safety Instructor: Instructor candidates will be trained to teach water safety, including Basic Water Rescue course, six levels of Learn to Swim, and Parent Child Aquatics.
Lifeguard Re-Certification: Ready to get back to lifeguarding? Our review classes will get you back up to speed with everything you need know. All topics will be covered.
Lifeguard Instructor Training Course: The course will train instructor candidates to teach basic level: lifeguarding, CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, administering emergency oxygen, blood-borne pathogens training, disease transmission, and basic water rescue. Cadidates will also becoming familiar with GuardStart, Lifeguarding Tomorrow, and the Water Safety presentations.
Twinsburg swim team is part of the Blazing Barracudas!
Learn more on the Barracudas website.
The mission of the Blazing Barracudas is to nourish the mind, body, and spirit of each swimmer, every day, for the purpose of achieving his or her personal best as an individual, an athlete, a team member and a citizen.
The philosophy of the Blazing Barracudas is for participants to learn training principles in order to reach individual and team goals through purposeful and deliberate training routines and competitions. Coaches scaffold training sessions to meet the developmental needs of each level of swimmer so that swimmers actively engage in the training process and understand their growth and improvement. Vertical integration and consistency of these coaching principles provide the most comprehensive learning experiences for swimmers, beginning when they enter the program and through their athletic road-map to their highest level. Training and competition will demand dedication and hard work but should, ultimately, be fun. All swimmers, parents, and coaches will be expected to exemplify the Core Values of character, sportsmanship, excellence, teamwork and perseverance, representing the best of self and of the club.